This Chard Paella vegetarian recipe is made with Natural ArtiHearts™ and Chard for a delightful and flavorful Paella for your family.
This Spanish paella recipe is taken to the next level by adding Monterey Farms fresh tasting Natural ArtiHearts™.
If you are looking for a recipe for paella and want to impress your friends, try this Chard Paella with Artihearts™. It is considered one of the best paella recipes as the artichokes fresh taste and crunchy texture add a flavorful dimension and crunch to the dish.
Artichoke paella is a great choice for your next family gathering.
Natural Artichoke Heart and Chard Paella
- ½ cup water
- 12 saffron threads
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 pkg Monterey Farms Natural ArtiHearts™
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1½ cups Arborio rice
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable stock, unsalted
- 2 cups chopped chard
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- ½ tsp Spanish paprika
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1 can cooked cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup fresh shelled peas or frozen
- Bring water to boil in a small saucepan. Add saffron, cover and remove from heat. Let steep 10 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a paella pan or a large shallow sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper, garlic and onion and sauté 8 minutes. Reduce heat to low.
- Add rice and stir to coat each grain with olive oil. Add chicken stock, chard and tomatoes and bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Add saffron water, paprika and salt to taste. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and cook 15 minutes.
- Gently mix peas and cannellini beans and Natural ArtiHearts™ into rice, cover and continue cooking until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender but slightly al dente with a golden, crusty on the bottom, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Remove from heat, let rest 5 to 10 minutes, and serve.
Monterey Farms hopes you enjoy this Chard Paella with Artihearts™
More Recipes Using Natural ArtiHearts™
Monterey Farms offers flavorful, fresh-tasting artichoke hearts, harvested from the local fields on the Central Coast of California. Our hands-on process trims the artichokes down to their heart then packages them without excess oils or brine. Our ArtiHearts™ are all-natural and convenient to use; guaranteed to turn your next meal into a culinary delight!