Try our Acorn Squash and Couscous Recipe
This acorn squash recipe has our Grilled ArtiHearts™️ to add a grilled taste to this healthy main course meal. Even kids will like this flavorful and filling dish.
Enjoy this delicious acorn squash stuffed with couscous and Grilled ArtiHearts™️, as a vegetarian stuffed acorn squash main dish for your family.
As far as acorn squash recipes go, this is an easy one. Just pop the acorn squash in the oven and add the prepared stuffing.
This is one of the more unique acorn squash healthy recipes, as it is an acorn squash savory recipe with fresh-tasting artichoke hearts to compliment the dish.
Acorn Squash and Couscous with Grilled Artichoke Hearts
- 4 acorn squash
- 4 Tbs unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup couscous
- 2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1 cup boiling water
- juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup Italian parsley, chopped
- 2 Tbs chopped dill
- 1 pkg Monterey Farms Grilled Artihearts™
- 6 oz fresh goat cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F. Slice the top off the acorn squash and scoop out the seeds. Rub the bottom of a baking dish with the softened butter. Place the acorn squash, tops and bottoms, cut side down in the baking dish and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove the tops after 20 minutes and continue baking the bottoms, covered, for another 30 to 40 minutes until tender.
- While the squash is cooking make the Grilled ArtiHeart™ Couscous.
Grilled ArtiHeart™ Couscous
- Place the couscous in a large mixing bowl. Stir in 2 Tbs. olive oil, salt and pepper. Add the boiling water and cover with plastic wrap. Allow to steam until all the liquid has been absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- When all the liquid has been absorbed in the couscous, fluff it with a fork. Add the Grilled ArtiHearts™, lemon juice, parsley and dill.
- Mix thoroughly and fill the cavities of the acorn squash with the couscous. Sprinkle the top with crumbled fresh goat cheese and heat until golden and melted under the broiler.
- Serve immediately with an endive salad, Dijon vinaigrette and pomegranate.
Purchase your ArtiHearts™ Here
Monterey Farms hope you enjoy this acorn squash healthy recipe.
Monterey Farms offers flavorful, fresh-tasting artichoke hearts, harvested from the local fields on the Central Coast of California. Our hands-on process trims the artichokes down to their heart then packages them without excess oils or brine. Our ArtiHearts™ are all-natural and convenient to use; guaranteed to turn your next meal into a culinary delight!